Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Back into the swing......

last winter I had to un-blog for while while I went through a series of treatments for allergies that were making scents seem either invisible or too strong, so when i was done with the treatments I gave my nose a break, getting it back to sniffing slowly.  The best part of it was that it set my scent-sitivity back to zero.  Everything smelled really, really strong after awhile, and I rather enjoyed the waves of scent that would fill my environment.  All scents were interesting, from the scent of mold to the steamy tendrils of black tea, from the scent of my son's sweaty 7 year old head after sports to the slight scent of himalayan salt in the scrubs I made for myself.  After awhile I reacquainted myself with my perfume closet, and I'm finding some real gems that I haven't accessed in awhile.  The spicy tea of Couer de Vetiver Sacre,  the light sueded vanilla feel of Vanille Exquise, the tart bite of rhubarb in Guerlain London 04.  I'm not really good at wearing fragrances that I actually own.....I continually purchase new sample packs and typically find myself sampling more than wearing.  This bothered me.....why spend the money if I'm not going to get around to wearing it?  My goal is to start letting go of bottles that I'm ignoring.  I'm happy to say that I have a good balance of inexpensive, mainstream, pricey, and niche so this ought to be a fun adventure.......what gems have you rediscovered recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment