Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2012

Bois 1920 La Vaniglia : Review

bergamot, mandarin, mint, pepper, ginger, frankincense, patchouli and vanilla.

Every so often there comes a fragrance unlike any you've experienced. When I was searching for a new vanilla fragrance, I came across this one and couldn't find many reviews on it. The notes sounded intriguing and a little bit confusing. I ended up buying a bottle unsniffed.

I wore it for the first time a few days ago. The initial blast was one of heat and a lovely, creamy (read: creamy, not bakery) vanilla. Almost like someone had made a weird condensed milk sorbet with a hot ginger, mint and fruit. In a few minutes the ginger, citrus, pepper and frankincense combines to create a delicious, sweet yet hot melange of yumminess. You can sense the heat through the fragrance, which is so interesting, as I find that spicy usually doesn't really translate into anything but nutmeg or cinnamon, but in this fragrance the heat is almost tangible and I am reminded of incense and Christmas at church. The vanilla becomes more like extract lingering on the edges of the dancing spices and fruit, but it's definitely still there. This phase lasts about an hour and I love every minute of it. Finally, a spiced scent that I can wrap my head (or nose) around.

When the scent finally settles, a lovely, sweet, vaguely creamy vanilla is lingering, with the vaguest touch of patchouli. The frankincense is still there leaving a vaguely incense-like trace.

This is a truly beautiful fragrance, and I feel that as more people try it it's going to be very popular. I'm surprised that I haven't seen it mentioned more but it's definitely worth a try, and in my case I am thrilled to own a full size bottle. Gorgeous!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment