Search This Blog

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Etat Libre D'Orange Rossy de Palma : Review

It's been quite awhile since I made any posts; I had gotten my soap shop up and running again and then summer hits, and it becomes all about kids and frogs for awhile.  The weather the last few days have made a turn toward the cool side and darkness is settling in earlier.  It's time to break out the autumn fragrances.

Today, I am wearing Etat Libre d'Orange Rossy de Palma.  Notes include Ginger, black pepper, bergamot, Bulgarian rose, jasmine, benzoin, incense, cacao and patchouli (as per http://www.luckyscent.com).  It's interesting that I reached for this.......ELDO scents are usually not my favorite, and I rarely find a rose scent that I enjoy, let alone want to own.  Rossy has kicked her way through all of my misgivings.

When I was growing up, there were some things that were just part of our home.  There was always a bottle of 4711 laying around somewhere, lots of ivory soap, and a 3 piece set of Maja soap in my mother's drawer.  The Maja box always fascinated me with its beautiful flamenco dancer, and the scent, though a bit intense for me when I was young, was a spicy floral blend that fit the image perfectly.  The description that I read for RdP flashed me back to finding that soap box, so I was happy that it was included in the ELDO prestige coffret.

Initial impressions of Rossy de Palma include a blast of pepper and rose, but not an off-putting vintage rose.  This rose is red, and alive, and surrounding you with little wisps of floral.  For an hour, my arm smells of warmth and rose and smoke.  The incense increases in intensity but never becomes overwhelming and tames the rose into a suggestion. 

When it hits the drydown stage, Rossy turns around completely and you are left with a rich, sweet amber/musk/wood with a light overlay of rose liqeur.

I have never in my life wanted to purchase a rose-centered scent.  This one has made itself sorely tempting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment