Search This Blog

Monday, October 20, 2014

Ormonde Jayne Four Corners- Tsarina

Tsarina is quite a name.  For me, it invokes decadence and luxury, heavy velvet and gold....and perhaps a touch of the austere with a bite of frost.

Tsarina's notes include mandarin, bergamot, coriander, cassis, hedione, freesia, jasmine sambac, iris, suede, sandalwood, cedarwood, vanilla bean base, labdanum, musk.

I've come to expect Ormonde Fragrances to have a jumble of notes.  This is not to say that they are not done well......every Ormonde Jayne I've ever tried (and I think I've tried most) have been perfectly balanced and have brought me through a meandering journey of a clear top, heart, and base.  Tsarina is no exception.

The opening is an immediate pop of citrus with a warming touch of coriander.  I could swear there is a touch of fennel or anise in here as well, which allows the citrus to gradually melt into the florals.  Interestingly enough, the freesia is apparent, along with the hedione, which keep the whole composition afloat, giving it an airy feel and lightness.  It's juxtaposed during the development into the final stages, where the amber and musk give the fragrance some warmth on the skin.

This fragrance sounded as if I would find it extremely overwhelming, but true to OJ form it remained light while not losing any of the richness I would expect from a perfume named Tsarina.  I don't think I need a full bottle of this, but the experience was fun and I would definitely go through a decant.

No comments:

Post a Comment