Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2012

Marc Jacobs Curacao : A review

blood orange, bitter orange, lime, mandarin, violet, pear, apricot, white moss, amber, musk, and sandalwood.

Marc Jacobs splashes were something I wanted to try for awhile. The Perfumed Court had some great sales over the month of December and I figured it would be a good time to try them, so I purchased some (and managed to get a huge bottle of Pomegranate at Marshall's for 22.99). Curacao was intriguing to me, because I'm a big fan of the liquer, and the color. I'm a sucker for any blue scent.
This fragrance gives the impression, at first, of just being another fruity-floral. At first I was afraid. Very afraid. I got a big, fruity disastrous mess that singed my nose hairs. Is it citrus? Is it pear? Where is this going???? What is going on? *panic* I need some soothing tea.
I didn't get orange at all. My skin amps anything pear so mostly I was getting this weird cloying fragrance. I decided to ignore it and went back to it a half hour later.
At this point, it was mostly pear and apricot with some violet-ness. Violet is one of those notes that can take over completely, but it does add balance and in this case I was grateful that it was tempering the pear.
When this fragrance finally burned off its top notes, the result was shocking. The lasting impression of Curacao is a lovely, slightly mossy aquatic with an appealing musk base. It's not heavy at all and has turned into a quiet skin scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment